NF Family Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 tax exempt charitable organization dedicated to promoting public awareness of neurofibromatosis and providing direct family support. The foundation focuses its funding on continued education and direct support for NF families including travel and medical expenses. We strive to provide a better quality of life for individuals and families living with neurofibromatosis.
What we do?
The focus of NF Family Foundation is to reach out to individuals and families with neurofibromatosis who struggle financially as well as personally due to medical issues. Raising a family and thriving in our society is difficult enough without the added pressures of a disability. We realize first hand what kind of stress that brings into a family. Our goal is to reach out our hand to help those struggling families by...
1) Making home and hospital visits to bring care packages and a little company.
2) Helping make out of area visits as easy as possible by working with other
clinics and agencies to find affordable accommodations for your stay.
3) Providing some financial help with accommodations for out of area visits.*
4) Helping with a portion of transportation costs to individuals for out of area
5) Providing some assistance for families with a loved one out of town or in
hospitals by arranging meal deliveries or grocery deliveries.*
6) Helping with co-pays or costs of medically deemed equipment or tests not
covered by Insurance.
7) Providing some assistance to families seeking alternative therapies such as
horseback riding, swimming and adaptive sports not covered by Insurance.*
8) Continuing to spread awareness throughout the medical and social community
by organizing large events to bring attention to the cause.
9) Supporting our families by helping them form strong bonds with others in the
* Available on an "as needed" basis to families who qualify. Please see the request for assistance page for further information.